Tuesday 31 May 2022

On the Up

 Since my last post , things have improved massively.

I'm nearly 4 weeks on my new antidepressants and I've started living again. I remember that first week i went to see someone from the local charity MIND. i had nowhere else to turn as the mental health services had turned me down because of being on a new medication.

I went into the crisis cafe after realising there was no quick fix. Luckily i saw a lovely man who listened through my cries. I will be forever grateful to him in my time of need. He talked me through setting small goals everyday and i also applied for one of the courses they do.

I few days later, i came off another of my medications as it was possibly interefering with my medication. By luck I've been mentally quite well since.

Sadly I haven't heard a word from my gp. I was in a very dark place when i spoke to him and switched medication. No follow up to see how I'm doing. It's all very well talking about mental health but there's just not the services to help. I'm incredibly lucky to have supportive family and friends or I wouldn't be here.

I'm back in my craftroom and have been out abit with mum. Something I haven't done since last year. 

I still see my consellor who i have to pay for privately because i go through stages of grief with my other illnesses. I have Ehlers danlos syndrome and other conditions. I get frustrated that I can't stay awake all day and feel guilt that I'm unable to work. I go through stages of acceptance and stages of mourning what life could of been like.

Anyway enough of my chatting.Here's some embroidery I've been working on. I didn't get it finished in time for easter but like to think I'm doing it early for next easter 😂 It's helped me through alot of my mental health struggles x 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley
    Sorry I have only just seen your post…. I have not been card making or blogging for a long time …my mojo had go on walkabout …I really didn’t want to craft anymore …I felt like throwing all my stash in the dust bin …I have to much I think ….
    And Create and Craft where I order from is not shipping to Gibraltar anymore …there shipping charges they say has gone up ….
    So at least it will save me some money …..
    I am sooo pleased you are a little better …how you continue to improve …I feel so helpless …I can’t do anything for you ….
    I have suffered and still suffer not so often …anxiety problems …it is so scary …. So I know how you feel ….not on your scale …
    How’s your cat …..think you had a new one didn’t you …..
    My Daughters dog has had 8 pups … a handful for here …but she coped …and sold them all ….they were all gorgeous….
    Take Care …my lovely friend ….
    Big Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete