Sunday 5 August 2018

Baking day and recipe link

Today I had abit more energy so I thought I would do some baking. Unfortunately I don't eat any of the things I bake because of my gastroparesis and newly diagnosed gastritis so it all goes to my parents.

Here's the Victoria sponge cake I made. The recipe I use is from http://shewhobakes.co.uk/recipes/vanilla-cupcakes/ it's originally for cupcakes but I decided to make one big cake. It turns out really well and so so moist. My family love it. It's now my go to recipe.



Next up was home made bread. Because I don't have much strength in my hands, I use my kenwood mixer with dough hook.I searched everywhere online for a decent recipe and found this one. I just used different flour.
http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/cooking-with-kenwood/recipes/kitchen-machines-recipes/km030-km040-timer-recipes/basic-white-bread
In the photo is also my homegrown veg. I adore watching it grow. Tastes much better than shop brought.



I hope these links are of some use and you make some wonderful cakes

Love hayley x 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley
    Lovely to see you on your blog again ... that cake looks yummy... you are so talented...
    Hope you are feeling a bit better...
    take Care Baby...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. Thankyou for your postcard aswell. I'm in the process of writing back x

    ReplyDelete