Friday 12 January 2018

I’m back and happy new year

i haven’t felt up to blogging lately and I’m not even sure anyone reads it. 

I’m finding things difficult mentally at the moment and I thought writing my thoughts down here might help. It’s been hard adjusting to life with no tubes. I mean I should be thrilled but it’s not an easy adjustment after having one for about 3 years. 

So far as you can see I’m still alive. There are a lot of days that I just can’t carry on, so I have to get through hour by hour.

I’m trying to turn things into a positive an to start living again and do things that are way out of my comfort zone. One of which was to catch a bus.

This has been my goal for about a year. I’ve been in a wheelchair for six years but never been on a bus in my chair. So today was the today. I had a friend with me so I couldn’t back out. We only went into town but to me it was a massive accomplishment and so glad I did it. The thought of doing it was worse than actually doing it.

I won’t give up fighting , it’s just going to take a while.

So I will leave you with a picture of a very cute squirrel I took at center parcs. X 


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! So glad you are doing well and I am sure lots of people are reading your blog, the majority never comment though. Good for you getting on a bus, that's a real positive. 'New Year' implies new things, changing things, and life is a journey, always moving forward. So well done for embracing the start of January is such a positive way. X

    ReplyDelete