Wednesday 2 September 2015

I'm Home

I finally came home from hospital two weeks ago. However it hadn't been plain sailing. The day after i came home my feeding tube got blocked. I couldn't unblock it  myself so had to go to a&e. 

I knew as soon as i git in there that the doctor didn't know anything about tubes. He looked puzzled and was umming and arhhing. So i said to find someone that does know. He then gets a colleague of his to have a look.He was pretty useless aswell and wanted to out a new tube in himself. Bearing in mind it goes into my intestine i wasn't going to let him pull it out. 

Then a nurse came in with a big trolley and said 'one of these should fit'. I looked and the trolley and it was full of catheters. Mum and me just burst out laughing and thought where the heck are they going to stick that hehe. Turns out nurse was in the wrong room. Phew

I had the option to stay overnight or go home and come back. My tube is my lifeline but i said i would risk being without fluid until i got a new tube fitted the next day.

New tube is working brilliantly but have been very busy with appointments. 

I thought i would show you a pic of my feed that i change everynight. 




My feed, pump, syringe and giving set. I do love the colour haha.

I have also made some cards but i will upload those in another post.

Oh i forgot. To say happy September everyone 
Hayley x



1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley
    It's a good job you are cheerful!!... Love your new Background... Keep well...
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Just seen Dolphins go past our Window x

    ReplyDelete