Monday 10 February 2020

The start of my journey

Lying here on the ward in rehab, I reflect on my first day. My mind whirls and is overwhelmed with information, possibilities and hope.

My stay didn't start as I had hoped. My letter said I was here for three weeks but it was a mistake and I'm only here for one week. The hope of trying to change my life dwindled in that second, the second I felt like the rug had been pulled out from under me. I could of completely given up in that very moment but I've fought to hard to stop trying. Ok so I won't be here for three weeks but I'm incredibly lucky to have another chance. I can see the negative or the positive. I chose the positives.

My one week has been tailored to me. I will learn how to pace with my condition so i stop wearing myself out, learn new exercises and i will have the input of a health phycologist. I've been searching for one for years but they don't have them in my area.

So now as i close my eyes to sleep and the day descends in to darkness, i will wake tomorrow to start a new page of my journey.

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating for you to find that you only had one week there instead of three. Very pleased that you are choosing to be positive about it. It sounds as though a lot was planned for the week and I really hope it all went well. Will look forward to hearing about it. xx

    ReplyDelete