Tuesday 31 March 2020

Very late rehab update


Wow the world has gone abit mad since the last time i posted. Yet again i was meaning to update but it took me a while to recover from rehab.

So rewind back to the 10th feb. I arrived at rehab to do my three week stay. It had taken alot for me to get there and be mentally prepared. I was then told i was only supposed to be there for one week instead of three weeks it said on my letter. A lady had marked the wrong stay on my letter. She did apologise but as you can imagine i was devastated. My week was for an assessment to see if I could do the three week programme.

However i was determined to get as much out of it as i could.i was very lucky in that ive previously done the 3 week course. My stay was tailored to my needs which was fantastic. I'll see if i can remember what i did 😂

Unfortunately breakfast was at 7.15am. I think the lights went on at 6.30am. Yikes. It was strange as we didn't need to be anywhere until 9am. So off we all went to a physio room where we had mindful movement. I nicknamed it stressful movement because it was a combination of someone talking, moving the body and listening to music. I have the most uncoordinated brain so this was rather confusing.


Next was physio or o.t. We worked either in the gym or going through how to pace during the day. When i first saw my o.t and physio I explained my main issue is sheer exhaustion. The physio then suggested discussing it with the phycologist as with pain, alot of people don't do things because of being afraid of it. I've always been the opposite and will fight it every step of the way and try and do things despite this. I saw the phycologist and she was so nice and congratulated me on doing so well and thinks i should do motivational talks 😂 mmm maybe not.

Anyway back to my schedule. We had lessons on posture support, smoking- I don't smoke, wellbeing and i forget the others. We also had recreational activity where we went in the gym hall and played badminton and table tennis.

By Wednesday i was totally done, I'd given it might all so was counting down the days to go home. 

I had a meeting on the thursday with my o.t and physio . They said and i agreed that it's just to much for my body to do the three week course. I was just getting more and more unwell as the days went on. I learnt so much though and continue to put into practice what i learnt. 

It was weird seeing other people with the same condition but we have different symptoms. Most people's main issue is chronic pain but mine is exhaustion,which means I'm only awake for a certain amount of hours during the day. I made me accept that this is me and work with it instead of against it. I'm grateful i can still do things , it just takes alittle longer. 

On another note, i learnt to use procreate on my ipad in rehab 😂 these are the designs i did. Sorry its a long post x 



No comments:

Post a Comment