Anyway, before she left she gave me her tomato plants.I had never grown anything so I was very excited. Every morning I would rush out to check for tomatoes.
Now a year on I have a slight obsession with growing veg.I've reached my limit on space now though so can't grow anything else.At the moment I've got potatoes, onions,carrots,lettuce,sweetcorn,tomatoes and a strawberry plant.
There are a few things I've learnt not to do along the way so I will share them.
1. When you have carrots seedlings in a pot, don't knock the whole pot over with the hose pipe. Rip carrots.
2. Don't put the whole lot of lettuce seeds into one pot.They die. Rip lettuce.
This isn't a very good start is it.
I did end up buying lettuce plants though which survived.
3. Don't leave your potato plant a whole week without water as it starts off like this.
And ends up like this
Sorry mr potato plant.The potatoes survived though. Yay.
4. It seems a frog likes to live in a potato plant, so be aware when your picking potatoes not to accidently run it over with your wheelchair.Sorry mr froggy. Rip
5. Strawberry plants. I am having a battle with the birds. I left a strawberry to ripen and was saving it before I picked it. I came rushing out of the house super excited only to find it had been half eaten. I was a very sad hayley. But i managed to get one strawberry and here is the evidence.
See I don't kill everything. By the way it was delicious.
Hope you all learnt something from my failures. Have a good day.