Tuesday 27 June 2017

Studying a make it in design course


Many years ago I completed a degree in Surface Design. I always knew i wanted a career in design but possibly produce products with my prints on ( not my hand prints of course)

When i left uni, i did a days work experience at a design studio. This was where my confidence was knocked and i just wasn't good enough. The course i did didn't teach adobe illustrator which is kin of the industry standard now so i was already at a disadvantage.

Sadly after this my health declined so i put my dream on hold. Not to long ago i came across an online course called make it in design https://makeitindesign.com . There are 3 modules and each teaches you all about the world of surface pattern.It gives you exercises to do, industry knowledge and also technical workshops in photoshop and illustrator.

I'm really enjoying the course.I don't have a plan for what i want to do at the end as my health is so unpredictable. I'm loving the journey though.

That's enough of me waffling on. Here's a pattern i made that i think would be great on children's products.



Lots of love, Hayley x



1 comment: