Tuesday 6 October 2015

Rehab day um i've forgotten

So it is now my third week in rehab. To be honest there were times that i was going to be sent home. I was determined to finish my journey though.

Friday afternoon i spent in A&E as my feeding tube was bleeding. It was put down to trauma. Instead of using patient transport to get home, i asked the hospital to book a taxi for me. They tried 8 taxi firms in my area and none would take me and my electric wheelchair. Finally i asked patient transport to take me home. I finally got home at about 10pm.

I was up at 4.30am yesterday ready to be picked up by transport. It was my favourite man and i interrogated him all the way. Turns out hes single 😍😍. He might pick me up on Friday (love is in the air haha)

In the morning i met with my o.t. She and my physio have confused me the whole time. One minute i need to learn to transfer and the next i need a more supportive wheelchair. So i jokingly asked her if i could do standing and finally she explained in simple terms how its not possible yet as i need to get stronger sitting. Phew we are now on the same page.

Next i saw the phycologist. I have been feeling very low all weekend and wanted to learn some techniques to tackle my spiral of emotions. We discussed why i felt like that. Partly due to my lack of food and water due to my peg problems.

We came up with a couple of solutions. The first was to write down my thoughts and then the facts etc. this helps put things into perspective. The second was to imagine the words in a ball out side of your head and then imagine burning it.

Today i did had a craft session. I really miss it, so i enjoyed having the time to do something. Here is what i made. It was free from a magazine but kept me entertained for a while.



Ive learnt a lot  about myself since being here. Mostly I've learnt not to be so mad at myself. X


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley
    I am so sorry you have been through the mill... I have been to the UK as my Brother passed away suddenly so had lots to do... How do you mange to keep so cheerful... You are one Special lady...
    Sending lots of Hugs
    Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete